An effective set of management accounts is one which can be used as a tool for decision-making and performance evaluation. Used correctly, management accounts can drive desired behaviors and actions of business units and departments to improve performance.
- Provides insight into the differing types management account structures and how they are used for differing types of decisions.
- Provides an understanding of variance analysis as a tool for promoting accountability and enabling corrective action.
What will the Webinars cover?
Introduction to Finance and Accounting
23rd March - from 10:00AM to 1:00PM
The basics of what you need to know about Finance and Accounting without you needing to be an accountant.
1. Gain an understanding of what accounting means 2. Gain an insight into the underlying principles that shape accounting practices 3. Recognise the key vocabulary used by accountants
A tour through both Internal management accounts and External published Statutory accounts.
1. Understand the difference between management and financial accounting 2. Be able to identify the components and structure of published Statutory Accounts 3. Gain an insight into the key components of internal management accounts used for decision making
What enterprises need to focus on to recover and grow – a structured risk management approach.
1. An overview of a robust risk management framework 2. Gain an understanding of the differences between Business Continuity Planning, Crises management and disaster recovery 3. Understand the importance of Business impact analysis
Cashflow is the lifeblood of most organisations. A guide to building projections, testing assumptions and dealing with gaps in funding requirements due to timing differences.
1. Be able to identify the drivers of cashflow in your organisation 2. Understand the difference between contractual and behavioural cashflows 3. Gain an understanding of the sources and types of funding available
How to build an annual budget and the keep up to date with regular reforecasting.
1. Understand the importance of basing a budget on an agreed strategy 2. Gain an understanding of the components and drivers of a budget 3. Selecting the appropriate timing and level of detail when reforecasting
Organisations are increasingly required to build a Sustainability strategy. In this session we will explore the approach being taken by many organisations and how it can be adapted to your organisation.
1. An introduction to the key UN sustainability goals and how they relate to your organisation 2. Creating a sustainability action plan 3. Understanding the interaction between sustainability and raising finance
A guide to investing, maintaining an investment and exiting investments and business interests.
1. An introduction to the principles of valuing a business 2. An appreciation of the key issues that should be considered by shareholders / owners when entering and exiting a business 3. An understanding of actions that can be taken, well in advance, to ready a business for sale
A look at emerging risks to an organisation and how scenario analysis and stress testing tools can help.
1. An introduction to how risks arise in your business – both threats and opportunities 2. An understanding of the benefits of running scenarios around how your business might run in the future 3. An insight into how to stress test your business using plausible shocks
Startups, Small Business, Entrepreneurs, CEO's, CFO's, Accountants, Bookkeeper, and anyone else who wants to learn more about accounting and finance.
Taste 4 Success Skillnet
The Taste 4 Success Skillnet represents a significant, innovative and strategic collaboration between a growing number of member companies across a number of specific food and beverage sub-sectors, such as production, processing, artisan and services.
The Taste 4 Success Skillnet started out with a small group of 16 companies in 1999 based in the north west of Ireland, and since then it has grown its membership to over four hundred active members across a national base.
The network offers training programmes and to give support, impetus and trainee numbers in order to run cost effective and localised training for its members. To become a member of the network (free membership) click here to find out more.
TrainedIn has been helping these very people during the COVID-19 Crisis by hosting webinars to connect them with potential clients.
In 2019, our founder, Sorcha Finucane, conceptualised the idea of TrainedIn. It’s mission? To make researching and booking training courses so much easier.
As TrainedIn was being built, Sorcha realised that she could use the technology to help with another subject she felt passionately about: enhancing sustainability for small businesses and freelancers.
TrainedIn launched in April 2020. Yes, right at the start of the Covid-19 lockdown. (The first one…!) Throughout the year, TrainedIn has been running free webinars to connect freelancers and small training businesses to potential clients. Our promise is always to match highly skilled professionals with the individuals and businesses looking for their services.
John Crawley FCCA FIB MIfT IRMCert CMCy
John is an energetic leader with a proven track record in driving business strategy, leading edge Risk Management Consulting &Training and Business Turnaround.
As an out-of-the-box thinker, John has a proven ability to devise wide-ranging solutions for resolving complex organisational issues.
An Accountant by profession, John has been running and advising organisations in the Public and Private Sector, both as an advisor and a non-Executive Director since 2003. Prior to that John spent 23 years in various Executive positions with the Ulster Bank / Natwest Group.
Emer McAneny IRMCert BA
Emer is a high impact contributor who consistently delivers pragmatic solutions for her Clients. Utilising her risk management, data mining and business intelligence expertise Emer has worked in the Agri, FMCG, Distribution, Manufacturing, Retail, Real Estate and Public Utility sectors. Emer designs Corporate Governance and Risk courses for delivery through various professional training bodies.